- Standing Strong
The native resistance movement can offer solutions to our climate crisis.
By Ron Johnson
- At the Sharp End
South Africa’s private game reserves are taking drastic measures to protect their charges.
By Ann and Steve Toon
- Green Rush
Humboldt County’s new extractive industry is taking a steep toll on the envrironment.
By Ronald Hale
- Alice Waters
- World-famous chef, educator, and slow-food advocate talks about how good food can be a powerful entry point to environmentalism.
> Read more
- Karina Gonzales
- A student leader of Fossil Free North Arizona University and 2016 Brower Youth Award Winner explains why she thinks climate change is a moral crisis that can’t be solved using technology alone.
> Read more
The Black Mambas combat poaching and elevate women’s rights.
By Elizabeth Claire Alberts
A small team of foresters in the Philippines’ Guiting-Guiting Natural Park face tough odds.
By Isaac N Pearlman
Schools across the country are beginning to explore sustainable food procurement policies.
By Anna Lappé
Earth Island Updates
- Giving Thanks for the Ocean
- Tanzania Media Development
- November 26 Farallones Trip on Standby
- Florida Burrowing Owl becomes a state listed threatened species
- My Internship in Altai
- Graduate internship in snow leopard research
- Agency Recommends Listing Florida Burrowing Owl as Threatened
- Sharks in the Whitehouse, Dead Sharks in the Desert
Four issues for just $10/year.