- War on Wildfire
Rethinking our century-old fire management practices.
By George Wuerthner
- Borderlands Cat
Jaguars once thrived in the US Southwest. Some conservationists want to see that happen again.
By Richard Mahler
- Life Beyond Coal
Can the tiny Australian town of Morwell, which is located right next to a dirty coal power plant, reinvent itself?
By Jarni Blakkarly
Appalachian communities oppose the Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
By William H. Funk
In Brazil’s Amazon forest, one tribe stands against a mega-dam project.
By Robert Walker
A growing biomass industry could threaten US climate goals.
By Josh Schlossberg
Earth Island Updates
- Scientists Push Back on Misleading Forest Service-funded Study on Spotted Owls and the King Fire
- JMP to Gov. Brown’s Tree Mortality Task Force: Snags Don’t Increase Fire Intensity.
- It’s Sharktober: White Shark Surprises Surfers at Ocean Beach
- Urban Bird Foundation 2016 Annual Report
- Implications for Australia of a 1.5°C future
- VICTORY FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BURROWING OWLS
- Articles on Sharks and Marine Conservation by David McGuire
- In Memoriam: Paul Baer (1962 – 2016)
- 2016 RIC Regional Gathering at Pie Ranch in CA: A Blog by BEETS
- Historic Gathering of Indigenous Leaders Champion “No Go” Areas for Sacred Sites at IUCN World Conservation Congress
- What is new with The Altai Project?
- Q&A with Dana Frasz, Founder and Director, Food Shift
- Panel Discussion: Community-Managed Conservation in Malaysian Borneo (Berkeley)
- Farallon Island Expedition 2016
- Wildfires: a ‘nuked’ landscape and burned tree seeds
- Experts: Fight fire with fire
- Focus: Do Dead or Dying Trees Raise WildFire Risk?
- Dead Trees Aren’t a Wildfire Threat, but Overlogging Them Will Ruin our Forest Ecosystems
Four issues for just $10/year.