- Casualties of War
Is radioactive waste from the World War II era killing people in St. Louis?.
By Lori Freshwater
- Living in Limbo
Five years after the Fukushima meltdown, Japan’s nuclear energy program is still being met with resistance.
By Winifred Bird
- Repurposing Rocky Flats
The transformation of a heavily polluted nuclear site into a wilderness refuge raises questions about the implications of hiding our tainted environmental past.
By Eric Freedman
- Rhea Suh
- The president of Natural Resources Defence Council explains why it is dangerous to look at diversity in a vacuum.
> Read more
- Susan Kamprath
- Earth Island’s Director of Project Support talks about what has been taking her to Marin County every Saturday for more than 20 years.
> Read more
- Gemma Bulos
- Global Women’s Water Initiative executive director discusses the importance of engaging and training women as leaders in social enterprises.
> Read more
Does it make sense to cull one protected species to help save another?
By Jim Yuskavitch
What the wasting disease afflicting sea stars tells us about our oceans.
By Eric Wagner
An artist’s quest to understand the relationship between humans, water, and land that sustains us
Earth Island Updates
- Introducing Toxic Trespass – A new teaching tool
- Paving the Way for Responsible Ecotourism in Armenia
- No Butts in the Bay
- Calling all Volunteers for our Mermaid Festival, Parade and More
- Global Renewables Build-out far too Slow to hit Paris Targets
- Development Without Destruction: Film Premiere and Celebration!
- Villagers to hold blockade if researchers for Kaiduan Dam studies enter without consent
- Support Oakland’s Sugar Sweetened Beverage Tax!!
- Top 12 Movies About Climate Change
- Save our Signs & Save the Date!
- Team in Minnesota Presents the First Youth Climate Report Card
- Terrible Numbers
- Meg Whitman – Wikipedia the reposition encyclopaedia
- Bill McKibben’s “Terrifying New Chemistry”
- Environmental Leadership: Emphasizing the Role of Environmental Leaders
- KIDS for the BAY’s Spring 2016 Newsletter Now Available
- People’s Manifesto for the Sarawak Elections
Four issues for just $10/year.
- > Who Will Foot the Cleanup Bill for Bankrupt Coal Companies?
- > Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Holds Unique Potential for Bolivia and Paraguay
- > Flame Retardant Exposure Poses A Significant Health Risk to Women
- > The Real Threat to Europe’s Last Primeval Forest: Bark Beetles or Undemocratic Politicians?
- > Keepers of Giants