- Recoding Life
Gene Drives are the latest attempt to manipulate our living systems. But is the
technology risk free?
By Paul Koberstein
- Losing Home
As rising waters eat away their lands, many Native communities are turning into climate refugees.
By Zoe Loftus-Farren
- In the Shadow of Death
Cemeteries across the world are playing a similar role to nature preserves when it
comes to protecting biodiversity.
By Eric Freedman
- Xiuhtezcatl Martinez
- Teen activist and eco hip-hop artist discusses the power of youth voices in the climate movement.
> Read more
- Miyoko Sakashita
- The only thing to do in these difficult times is stand up and resist, writes the oceans director and senior counsel at the Center for Biological Diversity.
> Read more
How partnerships with a rodent are helping restore watersheds in the Pacific Northwest.
By Rob Rich
A freshwater mussel groupie ponders what the disappearance of these mollusks means for our ecosystems.
By Abbie Gascho Landis
Hope grows from knowing the future has yet to be written, and from doing our part to write it.
By Anna Lappé
Earth Island Updates
- Beach Clean Ups & Bay Ecosystem Conservation
- The Endless Summer: Diving With Sharks
- Farallon Island Expeditions 2017
- Third grade students make the best first grade teachers!
- Keep a short leash; coyote safety meeting held in San Francisco
- 10 things to know about coexisting with coyotes in Beverly
- UPDATE: Help Ban Deadly Poisons in California: Contact Information for Assemblymembers
- Residents educated on coyote facts and fiction
- Coyote presentation set for Thursday, March 30
- Baram Villagers Learn About Community-Based Conservation Efforts Around Borneo
- California Residents: Help Ban Deadly Poisons in California!
- Another View — Christine Schadler: The ugly sides of coyote hunting
- Scientists Condemn Controversial ‘Coyote Challenge’
- Volunteer with Food Shift… In the Kitchen!
- URGENT CALL FOR HELP: Protect Predators in Alaska National Wildlife Refuges!
- Needham residents crowd coyote presentation
- Marking One Year of Baram Dam’s Cancellation
- Brothers of Climbing Work to Diversify the Outdoors
- Generating Radical Kinship: Rooted In Community Winter Leadership Institute 2017 #RIC2017 #RICWLI #RICBoston
- Featuring: the Food Shift Kitchen’s Terrell Brunet
- Winter 2017 E-newsletter now available
- Altaigate. The Final Chapter. (Novaya Gazeta article)
- Experimenting with Creek Engineering Models
Four issues for just $10/year.
- > California's Disappearing Dream
- > Forest Medieval
- > One Man’s Mission to Protect Greece’s Ancient Olive Trees
- > Protests Increase in Italy Against “Europe’s DAPL”
- > White-Nose Syndrome Continues to Kill Bat Populations Across North America
- > Walmart Exposed for Selling Dolphin-Deadly Tuna in Costa Rica