- Out of Sight
Special Report: The toxic footprint of America’s prisons
By Candice Bernd, Zoe Loftus-Farren, and Maureen Nandini Mitra
- Crisis Among the Palms
Is your retirement fund driving deforestation?
By Jeff Conant
- Kenya’s Energy Quandary
Kenya’s geothermal power development blitz shows that renewable energy isn’t always sustainable.
By Rob Thornett
How nature restoration programs in Oregon’s prisons are helping inmates find a new purpose in life.
By Nancy Hill
Myanmar is being battered by the worst impacts of global warming. Does it have the capacity to adapt?
By Kendra Pierre Louis
Holding NAFTA negotiators accountable for policies that truly benefit working people and the planet.
By Aaron Lehmer-Chang
Earth Island Updates
- The Food Shift Kitchen is Hiring a Sous Chef & Kitchen Coordinator
- Building Just Climate Futures Together – an online conference
- It’s Shark Week: What is The Fuss About?
- Rooted In Community 2017: Greensboro, NC #RICisLit #RIC2017 #Greensboro2017
- Another mega dam in Sarawak? No thank you.
- SPEAK OUT AGAINST PROPOSAL TO ALLOW WOLF-BAITING IN IDAHO!
- CP Forum July 27 topic: Coexisting with wild things
- Remembering Hope Ryden, author of GOD’S DOG: The North American Coyote
- Editorial: Keep San Francisco’s coyotes out of the doghouse
- Coyotes are all over SF to stay, even if they sometimes kill pets
- Wolf plan gets skeptical greeting at Flagstaff meeting
- "The best way to reduce your personal carbon emissions: don’t be rich"
- "No dam, no road" tantamount to blackmail: SAVE Rivers
- UC Berkeley Interns Grow As Environmental Educators and Leaders
- Wildfire Science Briefing to U.S. Congressional Offices a Success
Four issues for just $15/year.
- > Colombia Faces Soaring Deforestation Following FARC Guerrilla Demobilization
- > Four Pacific Marine National Monuments Face Threat Under Trump Order
- > 'Cruel and Unusual': Texas Prisoners Face Deadly Heat and Contaminated Water
- > Bolivia Approves Highway Through Amazon Biodiversity Hotspot
- > Life without Fossil Fuels: Slow and Satisfying
- > US Companies Importing Dirty Gold from Illegal Mining Operations in Peru
- > Fifth Anniversary of Chevron Richmond Refinery Fire a Reminder of Work Still to Be Done
- > California's Disappearing Dream
- > Pruitt’s Rejection of Chlorpyrifos Ban Seems Based on Alternative Facts
- > Mountain Biking Is Inappropriate In Wilderness
- > Climate Action in the Post-Truth Era